Mind Over Matter

 Mind Over Matter

A week into my 75 Hard challenge, I can safely say that I have found that most of life when it comes to uncomfortable situations and endurance is mental. I am a thousand percent more likely to keep doing things when I use positive self-talk and encourage myself that I can. Do I want to do 20 more reps of bicep curls or sprint for 20 more seconds at 10 miles per hour on the treadmill? Probably not, it's extremely uncomfortable. However, as long as I keep repeating to myself that I can keep going and I can do hard things in the moment, I quite often come out on the other side accomplished. Therefore, my challenge for you this week rather than my advice for you is this: Change the way you talk to yourself.

Instead of this:

I can't do...

I don't deserve...

I will never...


Try this:

I can do hard things. 

I do deserve to get what I want and work for. 

I will achieve my goals and dreams. 


And if you're doubting me or asking why, I can promise you that positive self-talk changes your mental status which, in turn, improves your physical status as well. 

Comments